Seeking an exciting software engineering position while making a positive social impact?
Marinus Analytics LLC’s mission is to deliver cutting edge research to law enforcement and lawmakers, keeping them ahead of criminals by providing investigative tools to monitor and fight crime, particularly, human trafficking.
We’re looking for a bright, highly motivated backend developer to join our team! You will have the opportunity to work closely with researchers on technology with a social mission to help disrupt the exploitation of victims of human trafficking. This technology empowers law enforcement in their fight against modern day slavery, by harnessing information in publicly available, massive data sets for evidence which otherwise would be underutilized. This puts previously unavailable capabilities at the fingertips of law enforcement for immediate use in investigations.
This is an opportunity to apply your talents to a meaningful cause while enhancing your skills and knowledge of cutting-edge research and emerging solutions in the area of data science and analytics. As a key contributor, you will work on the design and implementation of the next generation application to be evaluated by our community of law enforcement users.
Part-time and full-time positions available.
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field
- 1 year of professional experience with PostgreSQL
- 2 years of professional experience with back-end development.
- Have familiarity with REST and MVC standards.
- Experience with source control (GIT, SVN, etc)
- Extensive knowledge of open source technologies and Linux
- Experience writing crawlers, automation scripts, API’s
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Knowledge of C/C++, Python, and/or Java a plus