Seeking an exciting leadership opportunity while making a positive social impact?
Marinus Analytics LLC’s mission is to deliver cutting edge research to law enforcement and lawmakers, keeping them ahead of criminals by providing investigative tools to monitor and fight crime, particularly, human trafficking.
We’re looking for a bright, highly motivated Research Scientist to join our team! Our ideal candidate is a creative, energetic, and experienced research scientist who is interested in applying one's talents to a meaningful cause. Area of focus will include one or more of the following: data analytics, machine learning, image processing, scalable computing, and/or software design. The successful candidate will be a core team member contributing to the production of our portfolio of emerging solutions for law enforcement.
You will have the opportunity to work for a growing technology company with a social mission to help disrupt the exploitation of victims of human trafficking. Our technology empowers law enforcement in their fight against modern day slavery, by harnessing information in publicly available, massive data sets for evidence which otherwise would be underutilized. This puts previously unavailable capabilities at the fingertips of law enforcement for immediate use in investigations, so they can ultimately rescue more victims and prosecute more traffickers.
- Develop and deploy data mining and machine learning software, based on the application of state-of-the-art programming methodology and languages.
- Design and perform tests of the developed software.
- Contribute to technical reports and presentation materials, tactfully and effectively interacts with representatives of sponsors and end-users as required.
- Conduct statistical analyses of data and analyses of performance of the developed software.
- M.S. in computer science, applied mathematics, computer engineering, or related field with two (2) years of experience in applied computational research; Ph.D. in computer science or computer engineering; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in research, customer, and operational settings.
- Passion for creating cool stuff that will change the world.
- Team player interested in building and mentoring others.
- Naturally curious and able to learn quickly.